Artificial Intelligence is the new buzzword, which is taking over the IT industry at a swift pace. Artificial intelligence jobs are futuristic. These aim at automating repetitive tasks by machines as well as making machines learn, demonstrate, explain and advise the user. The World Economic Forum predicts that AI may lead to a net increase of 58 million AI jobs throughout the world. Getting artificial intelligence jobs is not an easy task. It requires special skill sets, which have to be acquired through certification programs. In fact, many of the senior AI professionals report that most of the AI workforce does not possess all the skills that are required. To bridge this skill gap, dedicated training is required.
Read this blog to get a fair idea of the roadmap that is laid down for prospective AI engineers and the required AI jobs.
How to get Artificial Intelligence Jobs?
In India, artificial intelligence jobs that are in demand include artificial intelligence engineer, machine learning scientist, machine learning engineer, data scientists, research analyst and so on. But, how to get any of these jobs. We’ll find out. But first, let’s understand what artificial intelligence industry has to offer and how is the future of artificial intelligence.
Artificial Intelligence: The Future Prospects
Artificial intelligence is a new field in comparison to other sectors in the industry. AI offers a huge amount of possibilities for competent learners. Demand for AI professionals has doubled in the last few years. According to Dan Ayoub, General Manager at Mixed Reality Education at Microsoft:
“AI will be a great transformer, improving the efficiency of many sectors — including education — and enabling the creation of higher-value services that can lead to overall economic growth.”
Self-driving cars/drones, natural language processing, robotic assistants, playing games like chess or Go, image recognition in photographs, targeting online advertisements and automated disease diagnosis are done by artificial intelligence. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the simulation of human intelligence by machines that enables it to learn, reason and rectify. In the medical science branch, “Eve”, a robot created by the scientists of leading universities, has discovered that an ingredient found in toothpaste can be used to cure malaria! Similarly, AI is helping in curbing cyber-crime, where credit card frauds have become a social menace. Without AI, it is nearly impossible to track millions of transactions taking place in a fraction of second all over the world. With the amount of data being generated, AI will be helpful in data analytics jobs as well. In the automobiles sector, Google, Uber and General Motors are trying to make futuristic driverless cars. Tech giants like Apple, Google and Facebook are creating a breakthrough by bringing user-friendly products using AI. Emotional bots and assistants like Siri, Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana have gained overnight popularity and scientists are working assiduously to make them better. Doesn’t this sound interesting? Now that we know the huge career potential that the future holds for AI, let us find out, how does AI work.
How Does AI Work?
DataRobot CEO Jeremy Achin defined Artificial Intelligence as: “AI is a computer system able to perform tasks that ordinarily require human intelligence… Many of these artificial intelligence systems are powered by machine learning, some of them are powered by deep learning and some of them are powered by very boring things like rules”. AI systems work on a set of algorithms, which try to mimic human intelligence. AI has been divided into two types.
- Narrow AI: It aims at working on one task perfectly. It is widely used around us nowadays. Google search, image recognition software, Siri, Alexa, self-driving cars and IBM Watson are examples of Narrow AI. It works on Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI): This is general-purpose and works for very specific purposes. It has the capability of learning and improving itself from previous mistakes. It will be capable of learning, planning, reasoning, reacting and communicating in natural language. Alpha Go is an example of AGI.
How to Learn Artificial Intelligence to get Artificial Intelligence Jobs?
Making a computer to act, learn and predict like a human is a revolutionary idea. Knowledge of cutting-edge technologies has to be acquired to dive into this vast field of making intelligent computers! AI is generating several exclusive jobs in recent times.
Let’s take a look at the skill set that makes you eligible for AI jobs:
For entry-level jobs in AI, a bachelor’s degree in computer science and mathematical prowess are mandatory.. Expertise in the skills listed below are obligatory:
- Solid mathematical intelligence in probability, statistics, calculus, algebra, logic and ability to write algorithms and understand hidden Markov’s models, naïve Bayes, Gaussian mixture models, etc.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages like Python/R/C++/JAVA:
- Python – for creating complex algorithms
- R programming – for creating stats and plots
- C++ – for Speeding up the coding process
- JAVA – for implementing mappers and reducers
- Familiarity with distributive computing for dealing with a colossal amount of data being generated.
- Acquaintance with Unix tools.
- Proficiency in advanced signal processing techniques and core understanding of time-frequency analysis.
- Grasp over Physics, engineering, and robotics.
- Soft skills like creativity, curiosity, and passion to learn new skills.
Check out this article to find out the most asked interview questions about AI, to help you crack an AI job interview.
Scientists all over the world are working tirelessly to create super-intelligent systems, which will surpass human intelligence. We are on the path to creating a generation of computers that will be more intelligent than us. Artificial intelligence jobs are high in demand because there is still a huge expanse for new learnings and discoveries. Artificial Intelligence salaries are above average since the job is challenging and requires people with extraordinary thinking capabilities. The companies are offering alluring packages to attract the best minds in the industry. We are lucky to be born in this generation, which is going to stand witness and take part in one of its kind human-created evolution. So, what are you waiting for? If you are still not sure how to be a part of this new revolution, join the exclusive AI certification course offered by Springboard that comes with a 1:1 mentoring-led and project-driven approach along with a job gurantee and start your journey right away. Enroll in this course right now and create a wonderful career in AI for yourself.