As technology such as machine learning transforms the business landscape, every industry is looking forward to the expertise of machine learning professionals. But while machine learning jobs are trending, talent supply for these rewarding jobs haven’t kept up and talent acquisition teams have to invest tremendous efforts to hire the right talent. It’s the right time for freshers to prepare themselves for entry level machine learning jobs. With the right skills and tenacity, entry level machine learning jobs for freshers is a definite possibility.
Students aspiring to shape their careers in the machine learning domain need to first understand what is machine learning? Machine learning is nothing but an application of artificial intelligence (AI) that allows systems to automatically learn from experience without explicit programming. In order to step into the world of machine learning as a professional, freshers must first understand the different entry level machine learning jobs that they can apply for.
Entry Level Machine Learning Jobs
In India, machine learning jobs that are in demand include machine learning engineer, data scientist, data analyst, cloud architect, data engineer, business intelligence developer, cybersecurity analyst, and so on. But, what do these people do? How much is the entry-level machine learning salary? We’ll find out.
Let’s delve into the top five entry level machine learning jobs for freshers, understand their job responsibilities, and find out entry-level machine learning salary.
- Machine Learning Engineer
A machine learning engineer develops algorithms to decode patterns from massive data. He/She is responsible for building distributed systems and designing machine learning applications to address business challenges. But, what about a machine learning engineer’s salary? In India, an entry-level machine learning engineer can earn an average pay of ₹5,00,976.
Data Scientists examine voluminous unstructured data to derive valuable insights and make informed strategies. Their job includes cleaning, managing, and organizing data from different sources. By performing all their duties, an entry-level data scientist can earn an average salary of ₹5,08,682 in India.
2. Data Analyst
The job responsibilities of data analysts include collecting and storing data on market research, logistics, or other behaviors. After ensuring the quality and accuracy of that data, they process, design, and offer it to help businesses make better decisions.
An entry-level data analyst can earn an average salary of ₹3,14,817 in India.
3. Data Engineer
Data engineers develop, construct, test, and maintain various data management systems. Their job role also includes developing software components and custom analytics applications. By collecting and storing data, data engineers perform real-time or batch processing and provide insights to data scientists for analysis.
An entry-level data engineer can make an average pay of ₹4,00,676 in India.
4. Business Intelligence Developer
A business intelligence developer collects, analyzes, and interprets heaps of data and provides meaningful insights to make strategic decisions. The job of a business intelligence developer is to develop business intelligence tools and reports, code, test, and combine results from SQL queries to provide insights to users.
With all these job responsibilities, an entry-level business intelligence developer can earn an average salary of ₹2,93,874.
Skills Required for Entry Level Machine Learning Jobs
To work in the abovementioned entry level machine learning jobs, freshers must have the required skillsets. Let’s learn about the skills that will help you land an entry level machine learning jobs as a fresher.
- Programming Languages: If you want a machine learning job, you need to learn programming languages such as Python, C++, R, and Java.
- Probability and Statistics: Familiarity with Probability and its techniques are crucial for understanding machine learning algorithms. Freshers need to have knowledge of Statistics, which is necessary for designing models from observed data.
- Machine Learning Algorithms: Freshers need to understand the concepts of convex optimization, gradient descent, partial differential equations, and quadratic programming. They must have a firm understanding of how machine learning algorithms work.
- Distributed Computing: Machine learning jobs include handling huge data sets, which cannot be processed using a single machine and needs to be distributed across clusters. Understanding Knowledge of distributed computing applications such as Apache Hadoop and Amazon’s EC2 is important.
- Advanced Signal Processing Techniques: Understanding of advanced signal processing techniques such as wavelets, curvelets, contourlets, shearlets, and bandlets help in solving problems in the machine learning space.
Can a Fresher Get Machine Learning Jobs?
In any field, it’s difficult for a fresher to land in his/her first job. Today, one of the concerns that many have is—can a fresher get machine learning jobs? Of course. A fresher can get a machine learning job if he/she masters the required skills. To have a successful career in the machine learning landscape, freshers need to plan on how they can perform well and work closely with people who have considerable experience in the same field.
To propel your career in machine learning as a fresher, you can consider taking the following steps:
- Get Certifications: If you want to become a machine learning professional, get relevant certifications. The sooner you start your training, the sooner you will get a job in this exciting field.
- Enroll in Machine Learning Courses: If you are a Mathematics graduate, Bachelor of Computer Applications, or Master’s in Economics/Social Science, you can be a machine learning professional. Enroll in a machine learning course to learn the industry-relevant modules and work on real-time projects.
- Be Aware of the Latest Trends: For a satisfying career in machine learning, freshers must keep pace with the latest machine learning tools, trends, and algorithms.
- Join Online Communities: Freshers can join online communities to know more about the changing machine learning landscape.
Millennials consider machine learning as one of the hottest career options. The need for machine learning professionals is rising and if you want to be a part of this lucrative career, get industry-ready.
If you want to grab an entry-level data machine learning job or launch your career as a fresher in machine learning, Springboard can help you get on the right track with its Machine Learning Career Track that comes with 1:1 mentoring-led and project-driven curriculum along with a job guarantee.